Sunday, February 6, 2011

ThinkProgress » Bachmann Surrenders On Support For Draconian Cuts To Veterans’ Benefits


ThinkProgress » Bachmann Surrenders On Support For Draconian Cuts To Veterans’ Benefits: "“One point on my discussion list was a $4.5 billion proposal that would affect payments made to our veterans,” Bachmann said in a statement. “That has received a lot of attention and I have decided that it should be removed from consideration. The problem of government spending must be solved, but not on the backs of our nation’s war heroes. I have always been a proud supporter of the United States military and I continue to stand with our veterans. In the months ahead I look forward to working with our Veterans Service Organizations to ensure that we fulfill our commitments to those who sacrificed so much in their brave service for our country.”"

No comments: