Sunday, June 21, 2015

Jeb Bush Proposes Requiring Medicare End-of-Life Directives - First Draft. Political News, Now. - NYTimes.com

Jeb Bush Proposes Requiring Medicare End-of-Life Directives - First Draft. Political News, Now. - NYTimes.com: "“It was one of the most difficult things I had to go through,” Mr. Bush said. “It broke my heart that we weren’t successful in sustaining Terri’s life.”

He added: “I don’t think I would change anything. I stayed within the constitutional responsibilities, or authority, that I had.”

However, Mr. Bush said, “In hindsight, the one thing that I would have loved to have seen was an advance directive where the family would have sorted this out” before courts became involved.

“I think if we’re going to mandate anything from government, it might be that if you’re going to take Medicare, you also sign up for an advance directive where you talk about this before you’re so disabled,” Mr. Bush said."

'via Blog this'

No comments: